The ICSRC will contribute to the EuroMAB Mission and Vision by providing a platform for the sharing of knowledge, know-how, and experience on sustainable development, and a collective tool for the support of sustainable development practices amongst the various players of the 36 member states of EuroMAB. The ICSRCs objectives and outcomes are:
- A collective Centre for the support of sustainable development practices amongst the various players of the 36 member states of the UNESCO EuroMAB network.
- Recognition, recording and application of Indigenous, traditional and scientific knowledge to produce innovative solutions for the challenges of biodiversity loss, climate change and sustainable development.
- Dialogue, research and education to inspire and inform community leaders and the general public about pathways to achieving thriving rural communities.
- An inclusive governance system recognizing the diverse sources of knowledge and ways of knowing.
- A physical and virtual hub for achieving the UNESCO Man and the Biosphere program Lima 2016 strategic objectives, focusing on rural communities.